"...In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or
brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."

~ Anonymous
(taken from Matt Erbele's, It Takes Time to Get Good)

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Saturday Run 8/4

Sat, 04 Aug 2007 16:24
Saturday Run 8/4

Today my run buddy and I met for a five mile run with hill repeats. We ran 2 miles from a high school out on a trail to a dam at a reservoir. We then did hill repeats on the face of the dam. I ran 2/3rds of the way up the dam then back down four times, then on the fifth time up I went all the way to the top and ran across the top of the dam (not a very long dam, it is less than a ¼ of a mile long) and then back to the high school.

According to my GPS:

Total mileage: 5.62 mi

Total uphill: 990 ft

Total down hill: 994 ft (Huh?? I don’t get it. I did not dig a hole.)
Total uphill and total down hill? I am not totally sure what that means, but it sounds like and felt like a lot!

We went and got breakfast afterwards, which I feel a little mixed about because:

1. I just ran over 5 HARD miles and did hill repeats of my own free will. I did not even have a coach yelling at me.

But…

2. I had already had breakfast (JC French toast, my pre-run favorite)

But…

3. It was 9:30 am and I had eaten at 6 am AND run over 5 hard miles, so I needed something before lunch.

But…

4. I chose 2 scrambled eggs, fruit and an English muffin. There were certainly smaller meals I could have eaten.

So anyway, as you can see I have mixed feelings. Oh well! No use worrying about it now, what’s done is done.

No comments: