Hell, anytime you piss and moan to your sponsor about anything the first thing out of their mouth is "I think you need to do a gratitude list, you whiny little bitch!" (Ok, I added the "you whiny little bitch" part, but it is implied)
Therefore, I am not really a once a year giver of thanks, but since I have no running to write about (*le sigh*) I thought I would write something down.
Thanksgiving Cliche 2010
1. I am grateful that this little BOY is cooking along just fine inside the equally healthy LA Run Buddy
It is a boy! Come on, even people that do not like babies can not help but smile at that buddha belly!
2. I am grateful that my husband is done with radiation, does not need anymore hormone deprivation shots, and is as healthy as someone with cancer can be.
3. I am grateful that hubby cooked the turkey since I have NO fucking clue how to turn a raw, dead bird into something edible.
Full disclosure: He also did the stuffing, the potatoes, and the gravy. Even though my mother insisted I cook Thanksgiving dinner this year, I only did the green bean casserole (yes, the one that you give to your 6 year old niece to cook, so she feels like she is a part of the process) and the salad. I am the sorriest excuse for a woman alive.
4. I am grateful that I have a full time job with good medical benefits and a financial lifestyle I can afford on my income. Despite an economic downturn and a year that has kicked me and my hubby in the ass, we do not have to worry about paying our bills or losing our home.
5. I am grateful the rest of my family and friends are healthy and happy. I could not fathom my life without them. Or more precisely, I would not want to fathom my life without them.